Frequently Asked Questions
1) Can I apply to the program if I hold a "green card"?
Yes, the program is open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. On the application form, you will be required to submit your alien registration number.
2) Can I apply to the program if I am a high school student?
High school graduates who have been accepted at an undergraduate institution but who have not yet started their undergraduate study are eligible to participate.
3) Can I apply to the program if I am a graduate student?
No, "Robots in the Real World" is a research opportunity for undergraduates, and we accept applications from current first-years through seniors.
4) How will my references be contacted?
When you enter your reference email addresses in the application, your reference writers will be contacted by email about how to submit your reference letter.
5) Can Oregon State University students apply?
Yes, the REU robotics program is open to students from Oregon State, too.
6) Is this a paid position?
Yes, the participants will receive a $5,000 stipend as well as coverage of the costs for travel to Corvallis, Oregon, and a housing allowance.
7) Whom can I contact with questions?
Please email Alicia Lyman-Holt (logistics), Cindy Grimm (faculty PI) or Bill Smart (faculty co-PI) if you have any other questions.